Skip to main content

Train Your Seat Trainers Forum



This summer, I had the most incredible opportunity to travel to the Netherlands for the Train Your Seat Trainers Forum. I have to say, it was nothing short of magical. But this trip was even more special because I got to share it with my wonderful friend and colleague, Trish Tweddell. We had a fantastic time together, and I can't wait to tell you all about it.

Before we dove into the forum, Trish and I decided to spend a day in Amsterdam. And wow, what a day it was! We visited the Bodyworks exhibition, and I admit, I didn't expect it to leave such an impression on me. Walking through the displays, I found myself fascinated by the intricacies of the human body, and it got me thinking about how all of this connects to what we do as riders.

There's something about seeing the body in such a detailed way that makes you appreciate how everything is connected—how our internal organs, muscles, and bones all work together in harmony. It felt like the perfect prelude to the forum, where we'd dive deep into these concepts. Plus, exploring the canals and quirky streets of Amsterdam with Trish was the best. We laughed, took way too many photos, and soaked in the city's energy. It was the perfect start to our adventure.



When we arrived at the forum, I was ready to learn, and it didn't disappoint. One of the sessions that resonated with me was about the embodiment of our internal organs—how the heart, liver, lungs, and intestines all play a role in how we move as riders. This wasn't just about sitting correctly on a horse; it was about understanding how our insides affect our outsides, if that makes sense.


I've always been passionate about embodiment, but this lecture took it to a whole new level. It made me realize that we can't just focus on what's happening externally—our posture, our alignment—but also when we understand how our organs move, connect, and interact; it's a great tool to improve our balance. It's like the missing piece of the puzzle in rider biomechanics, and I'm excited to bring this new perspective into my teaching.


One of the forum's highlights was meeting so many incredible people from all over the world. There's something so comforting about being surrounded by people who share your passion and understand the challenges and the joys of what we do. We spent hours chatting with other trainers, exchanging ideas, and learning from each other's experiences. It was like finding a second family, and it reminded me of why I love this work so much.

As I think back on this trip, I can't help but feel incredibly grateful. The Train, Your Seat Trainers Forum

wasn't just an educational experience but a journey that deepened my connection to my work and the community of trainers I'm so lucky to be a part of. I'm excited to bring these new insights about embodiment and rider biomechanics into my teaching, helping my students become more aware of their bodies and how they move.

And, of course, I'll always cherish the memories of this trip—the laughter, the learning, and the feeling of being inspired in every sense of the word. It was a magical journey that I'm so glad I got to share with Trish and all of you.

Ale.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Ready for Deworming

Getting Ready for Deworming Hi! Thank you for being here this week! How many times have we all tried to deworm our horses or give them oral medications which turned into a struggle and we end up resorting to force? Administering any type of liquid or paste medication like a dewormer can be a challenge if we do not prepare the horse previously. For us, or better yet, from our perspective it is something so “simple” and we assume that it should also be this way to the horse- he should accept this with no problems! When the horse resists we resort to force, this turns into an uncomfortable procedure for both the person doing the administering and the horse and we end up not knowing for sure how much of the recommended dose the horse has actually received.   Today I would like to share the process we use in order to prepare our colts to accept anything we administer orally without resistance and calmly .   The procedure is easy ! Pat has a brilliant

Preparación para ser atado y el baño

Hola!!  Hoy; como les prometí la semana pasada les traigo la primera parte del proceso de cómo preparar los potros y potras para que estén atados en un lugar. Cuando esta situación no se prepara adecuadamente puede terminar en un accidente; pues los caballos jalan y pelean contra la presión que tienen en su cabeza; sentándose hacia atrás de forma violenta al sentirse acorralados y esa experiencia marcara su vida para siempre. Mi opinión personal es que, "abuso", no es solo tratar mal al caballo con castigo, dolor o intimidación. Para mi el  no  enseñarle al caballo cosas básicas de manejo también es una forma de abuso puesto que el caballo se vera expuesto a situaciones donde simplemente no va a saber cómo reaccionar y su instinto de animal presa va a ser su primera opción.  Cuando vemos un comportamiento extremo o peligroso en un caballo, lo natural es preguntarnos : Qué le hicieron a ese caballo?   Pero lo que debemos preguntar no es que le hicieron a ese c

Un día con Holandesa!

Un día con Holandesa! Quiero contarles algo muy personal , para mi, trabajar con caballos es una gran experiencia de vida, amo estar y cuidar de estos magníficos animales, compartir con ellos y verlos desarrollarse día a día; es alimento para mi alma. Los caballos aprenden tan rápido y son tan listos que nunca me dejan de sorprender y me motivan a aprender y aplicar nuevas técnicas de entrenamiento, buscando la mejor manera para comunicarme con ellos y eso me hace muy feliz! Espero disfruten  de este proceso tanto como yo. Hoy quiero que presten mucha atención  en los videos  de Holandesa al el hecho de que al leer el lenguaje corporal del caballo y honrarlo; provoca que el animal confíe cada vez más en nosotros. En este video podemos ver que la bolsa plástica no significa ninguna amenaza para la potra. Esa es la meta ! Confianza plena en el humano y en los elementos que el humano presente. Este video me encanta ! Es la demostración de que el  trabajo de